The contest has ended…stay tuned for the results!
So you think you’re a photographer?
Enter your pics from Paddlefest 2017 for your chance to win great glory and valuable prizes!
We’ll choose the top three photos and announce the winners on our Facebook page!
How to Enter
- Submit up to 5 photos per person to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your photos are too large to attach to an email, use a storage service such as Dropbox.
- Include your full name and contact info in the email.
- Make sure to read the rules below.
What We’re Looking For
We consider three main aspects when reviewing photo entries:
- Emotional response and content.
Does the photo get us stoked about Paddlefest? Does it remind us of fun times and get someone that’s never been to Paddlefest excited about what they see? Choose artistic shots that are eye-catching!
- Composition and visual appeal.
Is the photo visually appealing? Is the viewer’s eye pulled in to explore the photo? Is there tension and creativity to the way the subject is captured? Choose shots that are well framed or show a unique perspective!
- Technical aspects.
Were the controls of the camera that took the photo well adjusted? Are the exposure and focus dialled in just so? Choose photos that are crisp, colourful, and make full use of your camera!
- Submission deadline is the night of September 4, 2017.
- No more than 5 photos per person.
- Photos should be emailed to slavepaddlefest@gmail with your full name and contact info.
- Photos should be the highest resolution possible. JPG format is preferred.
- Moderate editing is allowed, including the removal of minor blemishes, but the photo should accurately reflect a real situation that actually happened.
- You must be the sole owner of the photos that you submit.
- By submitting photos to the contest, even if your photo doesn’t win, you surrender the rights to that photo to the Slave River Paddlefest, which may use the photo in any way that they see fit, including but not limited to printing that photo in magazine ads, posters, online, or in any other format.