2019 Submission Period Ended
Thanks for your interest in our annual photo contest! The submission period for entries has concluded and we are currently judging the photos we received. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates.
Think that you’re a fabulous photographer?
Enter your pics from Paddlefest 2019 for your chance to win great glory and valuable prizes!
We’ll choose the top three photos and announce the winners on our Facebook page in mid-September.
What we’re looking for
Emotional Response & Context
Does the photo get us stoked about Paddlefest? Does it remind us of fun times and get someone that’s never been to Paddlefest excited about what they see? Choose artistic shots that are eye-catching!
Composition & Visual Appeal
Is the photo visually appealing? Is the viewer’s eye pulled in to explore the photo? Is there tension and creativity in the way the subject is captured? Choose shots that are well framed or show a unique perspective!
Were the controls of the camera that took the photo well adjusted? Are the exposure and focus dialed in just so? Choose photos that are crisp, colourful, and make full use of your camera!
Aside from winning bragging rights and ultimate glory, the people whose photos were selected as the top three entries (as picked by our panel of judges) will be awarded with:
How to enter
- Entries are accepted once Paddlefest begins.
- Submission deadline is August 31, 2019.
- No more than 5 photos per person.
- Photos should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and contact info.
- Photos should be the highest resolution possible. JPG format is preferred.
- Moderate editing is allowed, including the removal of minor blemishes, but the photo should accurately reflect a real situation that actually happened.
- You must be the sole owner of the photos that you submit.
- By submitting photos to the contest, even if your photo doesn’t win, you surrender all rights of that photo to Slave River Paddlefest & the Fort Smith Paddling Club, which may use the photo in any way that they see fit, including but not limited to printing that photo in magazine ads, posters, online, or in any other format.